How to get to Alessandria
How to reach the city and how to move around Alessandria? Some practical advice from our staff, useful both for those wishing to move towards the surrounding towns, and for anyone who wants to discover the city center and the main points of interest. Here is what transports to use and what to do.
If you are travelling by car
Alessandria is known in particular for the hat factory of Giuseppe Borsalino and for the historic Battle of Marengo and it is located in a strategic position with respect to the airports and the neighbouring cities. In fact, it is located about an hour away from Turin, Milan and Genoa, and that’s how you can get to the city if you're traveling by car:
• from Turin A21 highway towards Piacenza, exit Alessandria Ovest;
• from Milan A7 highway towards Genoa, connection on the A21 in Tortona, direction Turin, exit Alessandria Ovest;
• from Genoa A26 highway direction Alessandria, exit Alessandria Sud; or A7 highway direction Milan, connection on the A21 towards Turin, exit Alessandria Ovest, or exit at Tortona then S.S. 10 towards Alessandria.
Furthermore, if you are travelling by car, we inform you that there are several parking for a fee: two located in the main squares of the city, Piazza della Libertà (daily rate 2 €) and Piazza Garibaldi (hourly rate 1 €, free every day from 8 pm to 8 am and Sunday all day) and a covered one located in Via Parma (hourly rate € 0.50).
If you are travelling by plane
If you are travelling by plane, that’s how you can reach Alessandria by car, once you arrive at one of the following airports:
• from Turin Caselle airport, take the A21 highway towards Piacenza, exit at Alessandria Ovest;
• from Milan Malpensa airport, follow for Sesto Calende, Gravellona Toce, A26 highway towards Genova, Alessandria Ovest exit;
• from Milan Linate airport, bypass towards Genoa, A7 highway, Alessandria Est exit;
• from Genoa Cristoforo Colombo airport, take the A26 highway towards Alessandria, exit at Alessandria Sud.
In addition, if you are traveling by plane, but you do not have a car, from all the airports you can take a shuttle to reach the main railway stations.
If you are travelling by train
To find out about the train connections we suggest that you visit http://www.trenitalia.com for every information regarding the trains for Alessandria, in particular from the Turin Porta Nuova and Turin Porta Susa station, Milan Central station and Genoa Brignole station.
Taxi and buses
A taxi service is also available 24 hours a day just outside the building to move from the railway station of Alessandria (telephone number: 0131 251632); you can also take advantage of the bus connections of the service Amag Mobilità S.p.A. for which timetables and routes you should visit the site http://www.amagmobilita.it/.